Saturday, October 21, 2017

Updates

1. Last night, we had friends over for the first time. It was, in fact, 2 families, and we had to extend our dining table and bring every last chair we had in our house. These were good friends who have faithfully walked with us and offered so much of themselves to serve us. They knew where we were, served themselves, cleaned up our house themselves, and our children delighted in one another. They even brought gifts for ZJ to occupy themselves. And more food and snacks. Our childrens' happy screams and chatter lit up our home, and we could laugh like normal people. Yet we could also slow down and talk our sadness with them if we wanted. Our new life, without Odelia. Thank You, God, for the refreshment of last night.

2. Once my milk dries, the dark purple/angry blobs of bruises up and down my arms heal (from failed IV starts leading to collapsed veins, the every 4-hr lab sticks to monitor me), the bleeding stops... there will be no evidence that Odelia ever was. I think that will be hard for me.

3. We pick up Odelia's ashes this afternoon. Actually, Derrick will. I have grown in my admiration for Derrick and his leadership of our family through grief and loss. He has shielded me from having to deal with mortuaries, taking on phone calls, follow up, etc. so I would not have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment