Tuesday, October 24, 2017

The Lord's Care

There have been innumerable testimonies of the Lord's care this past week.

We were able to spend 1:1 time with each kid before Derrick returned to work. It reset the kids!! They are back: happy, telling me they love me, obeying much more immediately. I was elated.

I am rarely alone as people drop in here and there, working from home at our home, bringing their children to play with our children, etc.

Sweet cards in our mailbox, thoughtful gifts left at our door, book recommendations, one of our nurses writing me back.

He is sufficient and benevolent to show me His care so tangibly.

On a spiritual plane, I praise God that our hope is not in our children, or the age gap between our children. I praise God that He took care of my greatest need and illness: my sin, and yet reigns on high. I praise God that suffering is coupled with glory in Scripture -- His omniscience comforts and quells.

Jesus, thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment