Thursday, October 12, 2017

The Day After

I woke to more agonizing pain: my bladder had not woken from the epidural. The pain was a 9 out of 10, and the nurses had to re-catheterize me to drain my bladder. That was super painful and my body shook again from more shock.

Today was all physical recovery. I spent much of it on the toilet, trying to coax my bladder to relax, faucet running, and inhaling the peppermint oil one of the nurses left. Every trip to the restroom was at least half an hour long: moving my IV stand, getting me out of bed, peri bottle, bleeding, etc.

My bottom hurt, and my arms were sore from holding my legs to push Baby out.

ZJ visited with my sister and our parents. ZJ were so afraid of me, the IVs stuck in my arm, and my hospital bed. :( Eventually Z wanted to sit with me on the bed. We enjoyed snuggles and talked about Mui Mui.

Seeing our children again was a balm to the soul. Thank You, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment