Saturday, October 21, 2017

A Baby's Secret

A friend sent this to a bereaved mother, who sent this to another bereaved mother, who sent this to another bereaved mother, who sent this to my dear friend, who sent this to me:

A Baby's Secret 
By J. C. Broomfield

I'm just a little baby
Who didn't quite make it there
I went straight to be with Jesus
But I'm waiting for you here.

Don't you fret about me, Mommy,
I'm alright -- and am most blest;
I'd have loved to stay here with you
But the Shepherd knows what's best.

Many dwelling here where I live
Waited years to enter in;
Struggled through a world of sorrow
And their lives were marred with sin.

So sweet Mommy, don't you sorrow,
Wipe those tears and chase the gloom
I went straight to Jesus' bosom
From my lovely mother's womb.

Thank you for the life you gave me
It was brief, but don't complain;
I have all of Heaven's glory
Suffered non of earthlings' pain.

I'll be waiting for you, Mommy --
You and Daddy, and the rest.
I'll be with you then forever
Then will give you all a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment