Saturday, November 11, 2017

Remembrance

I have never been a sentimental person with birthdays or anniversaries.

          Somehow, they have been significant with Odelia.

I think it has something to do with remembering our experience and her, both static and invisible to the present that continuously speeds forward.

1 week out was hard, and today's 1 month out was hard.

          Thank you to those friends who remembered, and reminded me you are standing with me.

There are (mostly) days where I feel like I have finished mourning, can bear the grief as one part of my life, and keep on. And then there are days like today, where I am brought back to the all-consuming grief and sadness, and cannot. keep. on.

Blessed be the Lord!
    For He has heard the voice of my pleas for mercy.
The Lord is my Strength and my Shield;
    in Him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
my heart exults,
    and with my song I give thanks to Him.
The Lord is the strength of His people;
    He is the saving refuge of His anointed.

- Psalm 28:6-8

...........

One of my favorite hymns, The King of Love My Shepherd Is:

The King of love my Shepherd is,
Whose goodness faileth never:
I nothing lack if I am His
And He is mine forever.

Where streams of living water flow
My ransomed soul He leadeth,
And where the verdant pastures grow,
With food celestial feedeth.

In death’s dark vale I fear no ill
With Thee, dear Lord, beside me;
Thy rod and staff my comfort still,
Thy cross before to guide me.

Thou spread’st a table in my sight;
Thy unction grace bestoweth;
And, oh, what transport of delight
From Thy pure chalice floweth!

And so through all the length of days
Thy goodness faileth never;
Good Shepherd, may I sing Thy praise
Within Thy house forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment