Friday, October 18, 2019

Last Year, This Year, Next Year

We returned to the same spot for Elias’ birthday trip this year. 

The flood of memories unexpectedly startled me; I did not anticipate much recollection.

I remembered the same patterned sand, empty beach, brisk climate, and expansive view of the sunset. The water was just as I had remembered: gentle and foamy, yet relentless and robust. 


I remembered anxiety around my rainbow pregnancy, if Baby would be born healthy and what he would be like. This year, God has kindly answered all of those questions — he is L, lovely in every way and so vigorous. 

I remembered ZJ’s timidity of getting too close to the shore but this year, they ran uninhibited in and out of the smaller waves with gleeful gaiety. “Can we come back again next year? When Elias turns 3?”

















This year, we celebrate more than we mourn. By God’s grace, He has wrought healing in our hearts, as well as added to the joy in our family through our newest little.

Our Rock and our Redeemer, Your ways are higher and more perfect than we could ever imagine. Eternally Faithful and Glorious One.

No comments:

Post a Comment