Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Being A Friend

Some ask how to be a friend to someone who has lost; I was reminded this past Friday of one way.

..................................

I rarely bring up Elias with people I met after him.

          I did with a teacher from Z's school.

She asked about my weekend, and I (briefly) told her the reason we were going away.

Before parting ways, she grabbed my arm and intently inquired with love in her eyes,

          "What was your baby's name?"

                    I felt like she was looking into my inner soul.

She told me what a beautiful name Elias is, and committed it to memory by repeating his name.

..................................

The bereaved love hearing others say their deceased one's name.

          It recognizes their life, value, and memory.
          It demonstrates that you do not fear talking about their loved one.

No comments:

Post a Comment